There are so many anglers and fishermen, who finds it boring to catch fish. They sometimes lose the fun and excitement of their fishing activity when catching fish takes a long time. Of course, if fishing is not a real success, then you have to find ways on how your excitement will get back. There must be a solution to your time-consuming problem.
Have you checked your fishing tools? What do you think is missing? Are you sure that you are equipped with the right fishing tool to use for your fishing activity? You have to be aware that your fishing tool must match with the type of water you are fishing and the type of fish that you would like to catch. These two things are very important. You will not simply use any fishing tool available in your stockroom.
One thing that contributes to the success of your fishing activity is the use of durable spinning reels. It is a big factor because it helps you to handle your line and casting your lures. With a spinning reel, you can prevent backlashes and tangles. Easy casting is made because of the fixed spool that flows off in coils funnelling to your rod with guidance.
Factors to consider in choosing a spinning reel
Now, before buying your spinning reels, there are a few factors that you must take into consideration. These are also the things that will contribute to the success of your fishing.
- Choose a reel housing that is made of an Aluminum or Grahite material. An aluminum material is strong, but graphite is lighter. But, a graphite material is recommended for saltwater fishing because it is corrosion-resistant. Of course, the construction of the spinning reel’s body must be strong. What’s good with lightweight material is that it gives your wrist and forearm less strain.
- Another consideration is the size of the reel. If you like fishing on rivers or lakes, then a small-sized spinning reel is fine. When you are fishing on the ocean, then you need a large size of the reel.
- The gear ratio is also essential because it has something to do with the turning speed of the spinning reels. The gear ratio actually refers to the number of times your bail will rotate around your spool.
- Drag system is also important because it refers to the pressure applied to the fish when it is already hooked. Having a weak drag system will lead your line to break.
- Ball bearing is necessary because it helps in providing a smooth and stabled fishing.
- A spool is important because it is holding the line. You can find aluminum or graphite materials used.
- Anti-reverse system for the handle must also be checked because this helps in disabling the handle from backward spins. Therefore, it helps in making the hook powerful and accurate.
- Of course, choose a comfortable spinning reel, especially if you are left-handed concerns.
Reviews of Top Spinning Reels
Now, to help you find the best spinning reels on the market, we have here some of the top spinning reels briefly reviewed. Here are the important features of the top spinning reels on the market.
On top is the PENN Spinfisher V Spinning Reel. It comes with 5 and 1 ball bearings, metal housing, metal side plate, Techno balanced rotor, anodized aluminum spool, line capacity ring, slammer drag system and anti-reverse system. It weighs 40 ounces. (more…)